Good day to my readers
I’m Mariel Cristine Casas Sasubo I’m from Philippines who is studying double degree in Politechnic Piksi Ganesha Bandung,Indonesia. I’ve been here for a year. This is my blog and I want to share to every one how we can fight the virus and stop the spreading of this diedly virus called “Covid-19” and also I will on this article what are the symptoms of this virus, and How asian contry’s handle the virus to stop the spreading in the asian’s country.
First of all Do you know what is Corona Virus or Covid-19? The diedly virus who’s spreading in all country of our earth.
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). This virus was identified first in December 2019 in Wuhan, The capital of China’s Hubei Province.
What are common symptoms of this virus?
The Common symptoms of this virus are fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Other symptoms may include muscle pain,diarrhea , sore throat,loss of smell, and abdominal pain.While the majority of cases result in mild symptoms, some progress to viral pneumonia and multi-organ failure.
And now we know what is the Covid-19 and what are the symptoms of this virus and as a people in every country that have a case in corona virus we should be more careful on meeting other people right now.
My next point is how we can stop the spreading of this virus? It’s not really hard for a community who obey the decision of the leaders ( president ). Right now this virus is currently no vaccine and the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Here some tips that you should do to avoid this virus.
- Clean your hands often ( wash your hands often with soap and water for atleast 20 seconds especially after you have been outisde or public places and don’t forgot to use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching your eyes,nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact (Stay at home as much as possible) Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Put distance between yourself and other people.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others (face mask or anything that will cover half of your face) If we will go outside or public places we should use cloth face to cover and protect our selves from other people who are sick. You should be 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Cover coughs and sneezes (If you are in a private setting and forgot to have your cloth face covering yourself, remember to always cover your mouth and nose with anything that is clean) When you cough or sneeze use your elbow to cover it.
- Clean and Disinfect ( If surfaces are dirty,clean them) Clean everypart of your house and use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
That’s some tips to avoid the spreading of this virus and you should do it everyday in our community to minimize the case of this virus in our country.
My Last Point is how Asean’s Country to stop the virus. I will share some examples of the country of Singapore,Philippines and Indonesia. Every country has it’s own strategy to stop the virus.
Singapore’s 3-Pronged Strategy to Fight Covid-19
- REDUCE IMPORTANT OF CASE ( Borders are close and not allowed to travel outside and inside singapore)
- DETECT AND ISOLATE CASES EARLY ( Temperature screening, health checks and have checkpoints in every place in singapore and people who are positive are directly to the hospital to isolate.)
- EMPHASIS ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND GOOD PERSONAL HYGIENE ( good personal hygiene, social responsibility and safe distancing to others)
Singapore is a small country and have a good economy and the Leader of Singapore direclty annouce a lockdown for the people of Singapore to stop the spreading of the virus to their country.
Philippines has it first case on march 7 a first local transmission of a female chinese national who went to the philippines. How philippines fight the covid-19? First the President of the Philippines annouce a first Lockdown to the capital city “Manila” to stop the spreading of this virus and after few days all cities in the Philippines decide to Lockdown their own cities. Every cities of the philippines is still on a “enhanced community quarantine” until 12 of April just to stop the spread of the virus.
Philippines Strategy to stop the spreading on their virus
- All cities are Lockdown (All region is closed to land,air and sea travel)
- Travel restrictions (If you are from abroad and will go back to the philippines you shloud quarantine yourself for 14 days at the hospital)
- Nationwide measures (The president signed the proclamation to help the people of the philippines while it’s still on an quarantine )
- Bayanihan to heal as one act ( Help each other and act as one)
That’s the strategy of the phillipines to stop the spreading of the virus and also the President of the Philippines have one word for the people of the philippines who are not obeying the rules of the president “shoot to kill ” for the people who will interrupt the Frontliners who are focused to help the people who are infected to the virus.
Indonesia is the biggest country in all asean country’s and now I will share how indonesia fight the diedly virus.
How Indonesia fight the virus :
- Indonesia banned all flight from and to mainland of china ( stopped giving free visa and visa on arrival for chinese)
- Corporations ( Tokopedia and Gojek have begun trial for work at home operations )
- Test and Treatment (Test and have treatment people who are possible have covid-19)
- Lockdown (Lockdown on virus-plagued areas)
Indonesia have it’s own rules for it’s people and some people of indonesia obey the rules of the president but still we should be careful on meeting other people outside and public places.
We can learn from this 3 country’s how they fight the novel coronavirus or covid-19 every country has it’s own strategy that we can also apply in our community. As long us we follow the quarantine rules we are safe and sound from the virus.
Tips from me follow all the regulations that is given from our leaders and head of our country and also guide other people who don’t know about the covid-19. We must be careful every where we go and always bring cloth face to protect ourselves from people who are sick. And also don’t forgot to clean your community,environment and clean your hands. And always be safe where ever you go be safe. Thank you
Mariel Cristine Casas Sasubo (Philippines) Politechnic Piksi Ganesha Bandung